Trading in Digital Tokens (as defined in the Terms of Service) entails significant risks of financial loss. You should not commit funds to trading in Digital Tokens that you are not prepared to lose entirely. Market prices for Digital Tokens can be volatile and highly unpredictable. Whether the future market price for a Digital Token will move up or down is a speculation and unknowable.
You should not trade in Digital Tokens unless you understand the associated risks. This Risk Disclosure Statement discusses some of the principal risks of trading in Digital Tokens, but it does not and cannot describe every risk or consideration involved in holding, or trading in Digital Tokens. This Risk Disclosure Statement forms a part of, and utilizes certain terms that are defined in, the Terms of Service.
Risks of trading Digital Tokens include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 1. Digital Tokens Market Risk: Market prices for Digital Tokens can be volatile and highly unpredictable. Whether the future market price for a Digital Token will move up or down or even sustain a market value is a speculation and unknowable. Contingent orders, such as “stop-loss” or “stop-limit” orders, if permitted at all, may not necessarily limit losses to the expressed amount, and market conditions may make it impossible to execute an order or to obtain the stop price.
LLH makes no representations or warranties about whether a Digital Token will always continue to trade in the Digital Token trading market. Any Digital Token is subject to delisting without prior notice in the sole discretion of LLH.
- 2. Liquidity Risk: Markets for Digital Tokens can at times become what is known as “illiquid,” which means there can be a scarcity of persons who are willing to trade at any one time. Thinly traded or illiquid markets have potential increased risk of loss because they can experience high volatility of prices and in such markets market participants may find it impossible to liquidate market positions except at very unfavorable prices. There is no guarantee that the markets for any Digital Token will be active and liquid or permit you to establish or liquidate positions in the Digital Tokens when desired or at favorable prices.
- 3. Legal Risk: The legality of Digital Tokens and trading of them may not be clear and may vary under the laws of different jurisdictions throughout the world. This can mean that the legality of holding or trading Digital Tokens is not always clear. Whether and on what basis a Digital Token may constitute property, an asset, or a right of any kind might vary from one jurisdiction to another. You are responsible for knowing and understanding how the laws applicable to you or your property, rights or assets, limit, regulate, and tax the Digital Tokens you trade.
- 4. Digital Tokens Wallet Risks: The Digital Tokens deposited for use in trading on the Site may be used to earn interest. LLH, its Affiliates and certain third parties are permitted to retain any interest accruing from these deposits. Using the Service and/or transferring your Digital Tokens into rhino.fi’s smart-contracts exposes your Digital Tokens to risks of total loss from, among others things, security breaches from cyber attacks that hack and steal Digital Tokens, electronic or technological failures that impede or prevent market access and market performance, recordkeeping errors, and any insolvency, bankruptcy, or material financial losses of or incurred by LLH or any of its Affiliates.
- 5. Access to Funds: Withdrawal requests for Digital Tokens deposited for use in trading on the Site may not be actioned in the event rhino.fi or third parties are unable to process withdrawal requests. Whilst rhino.fi has established a Data Availability Committee to assist with retrieval of funds from the relevant smart contract there may be circumstances in which such withdrawals cannot be achieved.